Texas Honors Electrical and Computer Engineering & Business is an integrated degree program at The University of Texas at Austin that allows you to earn degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Business in a shorter time. Texas ECB provides a world class education, countless opportunities and a tight-knit student community.
UT Austin accepts the ApplyTexas or the Common Application.
To apply to Texas ECB, you must:
- Complete the requirements to apply for admission to UT Austin. Select Unspecified Business and ECE as your first and second choice majors (first choice major should be the one you are most interested in). Students must select a combination of Unspecified Business (McCombs School of Business) and ECE (Cockrell School of Engineering) for their major choices to be considered for Texas ECB.
- After you select in your application Unspecified Business and ECE for you majors to UT Austin, you will be able to access the honors essay prompts later in the application.
- Designate Texas ECB as one of your honors choices by replying to the provided prompt. Students may also apply to either Canfield Business Honors or ECE Honors, depending on which major is their first choice. Students must select Unspecified Business as their first choice major to be reviewed for Canfield BHP in addition to Texas ECB. Students must select ECE as their first choice major to be reviewed for ECE Honors in addition to Texas ECB. All students admitted to Texas ECB are members of both Canfield Business Honors and ECE Honors.
- Once your application is complete, you will have access to your MyStatus page after ~24-48 hours. Use this page to upload your expanded resume, required for Texas ECB consideration.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an academic source (teacher, professor, etc.), required for Texas ECB consideration. Please note that you must use the Document Upload System in MyStatus, which will email your recommender to submit their recommendation to us directly.
Texas ECB will offer a select number of phone interviews with an alumnus. Phone interviews are by invitation only. All finalists to Texas ECB must complete a phone interview. Interviews allow us to learn more about you and allow you to speak with an alumnus. If selected for a phone interview, you will be contacted by via email via the Canfield Business Honors offices.
Want to learn more?
Texas ECB staff provide virtual information sessions to review the program, discuss how to apply, and answer any questions prospective students may have regarding the program.
Monthly information sessions can be found here.